Wichita Summer Water Damage – Restoration And More
With summer months approaching, the summer weather does not mix well with water damage. When your home or business has suffered from a sewage backup, an appliance or pipe break, or any type of flooding, your property is at higher risk of developing mold when the weather is hotter. Mold thrives in damp, humid environments – and summertime water damage is a perfect situation for mold to grow.
When water damage happens, you can contact a professional water damage restoration company in Wichita to immediately remove the water and cleanup the affected area before mold has a chance to grow. Stover’s Restoration is a local company that can take care of any size of water disaster.
Water Damage Restoration In Wichita
If you are not sure if water has caused a problem in your home or business and are worried about mold – here are a few signs of water damage that can help you decide if you need to contact a professional water damage restoration company like Stover’s Restoration in Wichita.
- Musty Odors – When water has become an issue indoors, you are likely going to smell an unmistakeable odor. It’s a musty, mildew-like scent that can’t really be missed. Musty odors are often found in basements, attics, and crawlspaces. Check these areas often as they are not high-foot traffic areas and water damage is more likely to go unnoticed in these areas.
- Water Bill Increase – If your water bill is suddenly larger than normal, it could be an indication of a leak in a pipe. Sometimes this leak is outside, but it could be indoors. Pay attention to your bill each month so if you see that something is off – you can start looking for the problem.
- Bubbles In The Paint/Wallpaper– Water inside walls is going to cause some bubbling in the paint and/or wallpaper. If you notice this, you should contact a water damage restoration company to check for moisture and start on a remediation plan before the structure of the property becomes to damaged.
- Discoloration – Discoloration in walls, ceilings, and floors will happen when water has caused a problem. Watch the ceilings and corners of your home or business for discoloration. Water often turns walls and ceilings a yellow, or brownish color when water has soaked in.
- Damage Siding OR Gutters – Damage to the siding and gutters of your property can cause water damage. Though damaged materials do not mean that there IS water damage, they can be a warning to look for water damage or to repair them before water damage happens.
If you are unsure if your property is suffering from water damage and would like a professional water damage restoration contractor to help you, contact the professionals at Stover’s Restoration in Wichita today!