8 Places To Look Out For Water Damage In Your Wichita Home
Water damage in your home isn’t always noticeable. In fact, many large water losses happen because of slow leaks in pipes inside walls, underneath a home, in attics and basements or any other spaces in a home that aren’t often visited.
When water damage is found inside a home, it is important to contact a professional water damage restoration company immediately. A professional restoration service can help cleanup and repair water damage quickly and safely so that your home remains safe for occupancy. Without professional assistance, many major concerns could be overlooked and could compromise the intergrity of the structure of your home.
If you live in Wichita, contact Stover’s Restoration for fast and immediate service.
To help keep your home safe, keep an eye out for these eight most common spaces that incur water damage.
- Roofs – Older or malfunctioning roofs can suffer from water damage due to rain and snow. But a roof doesn’t have to be in bad condition to suffer water damage. Many roofs see water damage from ice dams or storm damage.
- Attics – When a roof leaks, the water often seeps inside the property which can be the attic where foot traffic is minimal. To avoid attic water damage, check your attic often for musty smells or dampness.
- Basements – Basements, like attics, may not see much foot traffic. Water damage in basements can come from sump pump backups, appliance breaks, or water from outside getting in.
- Crawlspaces – Another less visited area of the home, the crawlspace, is a typical spot to find water damage and mold. If you are unsure if either are a problem in your crawlspace, contact Stover’s Restoration for an evaluation today!
- Bathrooms – Bathrooms are always exposed to water hazards due to all of the plumbing inside, and the humidity and moisture levels. Keep an eye around taps, exposed pipes, and under sinks. If toilets, sinks, or bathtubs become clogged, call a plumber to help resolve the problem before water backs up and overflows.
- Siding – You home’s siding may seem safe, but if your gutter isn’t working properly, it could start seeing water damage. So could other parts of your home.
- Window Sills and Doorways – Windows and doors aren’t going to create as big of a water disaster as other types of water emergencies but they can suffer from water damage if they are not installed properly or if they malfunction. Check the areas around the windows and doors for water damage to keep your home protected better.
- Laundry Rooms – Laundry rooms have a high potential for water damage because of the washing machine. Washing machines hold a large amount of water that can easily come out of the equipment and the hose and cause extensive water damage quickly. Get your washing machine inspected often to reduce the chance of water damage coming from this source.
Professional Water Damage Restoration In Wichita
Of course water damage can happen anywhere in your home and many times, it cannot be prevented. But you can take some steps to reduce the chances of water damage happening to you. If you suspect or find water damage in your Wichita home, don’t waste any time contact the professionals at Stover’s Restoration today!